What To Bring
Fly Fishing Equipment
Here's a list of what to bring for all your fly fishing adventures.
- Fly rods (primary rod 9’ 5 wt – medium/fast action)
- Secondary rod options 9’ 3 wt – good for smaller tributaries
- Fly lines (appropriate weight to match rods – floating)
- GoreTex Breathable waders
- Felt soled wading boots or sandals
- Polarized sunglasses
- Hat (wide brims to guard against sun)
- Rain jacket
- Gloves (if early/late season visit)
- Long sleeved shirts (preferably with collars)
- Polar fleece vest or jacket
- Quick dry shorts/long pants
- Fleece or nylon long pants to be worn under waders
- Hiking boots (if planning on fishing Yellowstone National Park)
- Fly vest or fanny pack
- Insect repellent
If you prefer to use our equipment or purchase needed items, our fully stocked on-premise fly shop will be able to fix you up.
Clothing to Consider
Our temperatures vary widely during the seasons and can change in a very short period of time. It is not surprising to see a front push temperatures down 50 degrees in minutes, so we recommend you come prepared. It's all about dressing in layers so you are comfortable throughout the day and changing temperatures.
- Casual attire is acceptable at the ranch for all occasions
- Blue jeans, shorts, etc.
- Boots for hiking or walking the premises
- Gym or deck shoes for the lounging times
- Heeled boots for horseback riding
- Polar fleece jacket or vest for the cool mornings/evenings
- Long sleeve shirts are suggested for sun protection